What Do Audubon Adventures Subscribers Receive?
Audubon Adventures classrooms receive printed student handouts, background information for teachers, hands-on activities for inside and outside the classroom, bonus online content, and much more! Check out what you'll discover in your 2013-14 classroom kit and other program benefits.
Student Magazine--You will receive 4 separate magazine sets (32 of each). Each set will thrill and inspire students with vibrant photos and lively illustrations that bring the natural world to life right in your classroom. This year's titles:
* Raptors-The Birds of Prey
* Hooray for Hummingbirds
* Seabirds-Feathered Ocean Travelers
* Caring for Our Planet: Kids Are Taking Action!
Educator Resource Materials--You will receive Classroom Guides, and online resources for each magazine. This new format will help you easily navigate your way through each topic and present the material to students in an appealing and engaging way. Each includes:
* Step-by-step teaching plan for the topic
* Instructions for hands-on activities with easy-to-remove reproducible pages
* Background facts and information
* Student assessment pages
* Plus -- glossary words, recommended resources, and correlations to national language arts and science standards for each topic.
Bonus online content coming in September 2013 will include:
1. How to use Audubon Adventures
2. Steps to ensure students show a respect for nature as during outdoor studies
3. Guidance on how to talk about complex environmental Issues with students
4. A letter about Audubon for teachers to send home with students for their families
5. Nature-journaling curriculum
6. After-school curriculum and activities
7. Student assessment questions and answers that evaluate students' language arts and science skills
8. Puzzles and challenges for students to complete on their own or with the class
Opportunity to join Pennies for the Planet
Invitation for your class to become part of a global citizen project -- the Great Backyard Bird Count -- in February 2014
Gift of Audubon membership in the teacher's name that includes a subscription to Audubon Magazine