Pilot Program Goals
During our pilot program we wanted to accomplish the following:
- Examine whether an after school club is a desirable format to distribute Audubon educational programming and engage children in meaningful conservation work.
- Document the benefits and pitfalls of partnering with established local organizations.
- Appropriately adapt the Audubon Adventures curriculum for an older audience and for use in an outdoor setting during after school hours.
- Document the different ways in which to engage students in grades six through eight in inquiry-based environmental education after school.
- Combine environmental studies with other disciplines, like the visual and performing arts, as a means to engage middle schoolers in science and conservation.
- Share our results with Audubon Centers and Audubon Chapters, as well as other organizations.