Organization & Management
Questions to consider
1. Are there any special considerations to succeed in this community?
2. Will other community groups or organizations be involved?
3. Who will...?
- hire and train staff?
- register students?
- instruct the programs?
- administer the program?
- handle logistics, such as securing permission and release forms, ordering supplies, providing snacks, finding guest speakers, securing field trip sites and transportation, organizing volunteers?
- coordinate and communicate with participating families, schools, and community partners?
- collect feedback?
- Audubon and Wingspan Arts separated duties according to each organization's specialties. For example, Audubon handled materials and guest speakers, and Wingspan Arts handled release forms, permission slips, and insurance needs.
- Procedures for approvals of purchases need to be agreed to in the beginning.