Getting Started Is Easy! Here's how:
1. Let your board know about Audubon Adventures. Discuss ways to use Audubon Adventures to achieve your chapter's conservation education goals. We will provide you with free handouts and samples for your board to review. We can supply a PowerPoint slide presentation for you as well. Download our promotional flyer at the bottom of this page.
2. Once your board sets a budget, you will need to determine which schools to target. Develop your outreach target list. This should include the school district science and/or language arts curriculum coordinator. Reach out to your Audubon chapter members to see who has a relationship with teachers and school district leaders. Send out plenty of free samples of Audubon Adventures to anyone who is interested. We can supply you with these.
3. Inform your contact list by phone, email and regular mail that kits are available from your chapter.
4. Collect the enrollment information from each interested teacher. Fill out the Audubon Adventures order forms.
5. When you are ready to place your order, we can assist you by telephone or by email. You may also mail or fax your order. For ordering information please visit http://education.audubon.org/order-audubon-adventures. You may also contact our Help Desk at 800-340-6546, or email Audubon_adventures@audubon.org.
6. Once your teachers are enrolled, your next step is to engage them in local Audubon activities and programs. Help them set up a feeder outside a classroom window, or visit classes to help children construct their own feeders from recycled materials. Furnish a list of species native to your area that might stop by to feed.
Do you want to speak to an experienced Audubon Adventures volunteer? Or would you like to be a mentor to a new Audubon Adventures volunteer? Please let us know!
To contact our Help Desk please call 800-340-6546 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.