Funding & Budgeting
Questions to consider
1. How will club expenses be funded?
2. Will others share in the costs?
3. How much of your costs can be covered by in-kind donations of goods and services? What will its value be?
4. Will you charge participants a tuition fee? If so, can you offer scholarships?
5. What are the other money issues?
6. How do you sustain the program in the future?
7. How can you involve chapters and tap into their energy, commitment, and volunteer base?
8. Is the school's PTA willing to contribute goods, volunteer time, or money?
9. Have you explored local, state, and corporate funding sources?
- Tuition expenses for the pilot program were estimated at $350 per student or $8.75 per hour.
- Teachers were paid for their time during planning sessions as well as teaching sessions.
- A grant covered all club expenses.